World Health Organization Recruitment 2017
World Health Organization Recruitment 2017…. The World Health Organisation (WHO) is United Nations specialized agency on the issues of health. The agency coordinates all affairs directly or indirectly connected to health
World Health Organization Recruitment 2017
The World Health Organisation also occupies leading positions in global health issues, reshaping the health research plan and drafting new standards. The World Health Organisation also assists other countries on health-related issues, in whatever capacity required.
Currently, the World Health Organisation Recruitment is ongoing for the following position;
Job Title: Intern Speechwriter, Outreach, and Advocacy
Job ID: 1703626
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Intern
Contract duration: 6 Months
- WHO’s Speechwriter intern is responsible for developing high-impact communications for the WHO Country Representative (WR). This internship requires strategic thinking with the ability to deliver consistently high quality, well-written, thought-provoking materials under pressure and tight deadlines:
- Support the WR through the drafting of speeches and articles.
- Undertaking original research on a range of development topics including within the context of UN system and Country Cooperation Strategy, South-South and triangular strategies of UN system partners, universal health coverage, climate change, equity and health security) as needed to substantively inform the speechwriting process;
- Analyzing complex information, including statistics, financial information and other numerical, qualitative and quantitative data, to extract key messages for integration into speeches, and other communications materials as required;
- Maintaining an up-to-date archive of speeches and data on the WHO website;
- Extracting key messages from speeches/presentations/articles for dissemination through social media channels, in close collaboration with the Communications Officer;
- The Speechwriter will be part of a communications team in WCO Nigeria and will report to the WR (Communication officer).
- Researching audience expectations, event agenda, and topics, and assist in focusing the purpose of each speech to tailor messages for maximum audience appeal and impact;
- Drafting other substantive written material for the Office of the WR as requested, including statements, briefings, op-eds, opinions, articles, talking points, key messages and other written communications. This may include targeted messages for internal communications within the United Nations or specific stakeholders and partners;
Candidate must be a qualified intern from the field of journalism, Mass communications, sustainable development, social science, international relations or other relevant fields of study.
Candidate must also have (a) A Second Degree or an Equivalent Qualification
(b) enrolled in the final year of his/her first university degree.
- Candidate must have an understanding of trending and controversial issues, like, public health, gender equity et cetera.
- Candidate must be flexible enough to participate in a team task and culturally diversified environment
- Candidate must be familiar with technical software as the Microsoft Office suite and PowerPoint presentations
- Applicant should be familiar with the UN working systems in general and the WHO in particular.
- Candidate should be proficient in English, for a start.
- A mild knowledge or full understanding of the other UN languages (French, Portuguese and Spanish) is an added advantage.
- An understanding of strategic communication and how it can facilitate the achievement of set goals
- The knowledge and use of analytical and statistical tools and methods of undertaking valuable research on policy-related issues
- Ability to build productive and healthy relationship with other parties
- Social Media usage is an invaluable competence
- Candidate should have an understanding of global development issues and the UN
- Be an excellent writer and skillful in drafting impromptu but profound articles
- Ability to construct original content or edit written content for media and the general public;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply