African Regional Labour Administration Centre Recruitment 2017
African Regional Labour Administration Centre Recruitment 2017…The African Regional Labour Administration Centre (ARLAC) is an Anglophone organization created to provide training and training related research at all levels of labor administration. It also provides consultancy and advisory services, and informational resources related to labour administration matters to its member countries, ARLAC collaborates with other partners, particularly the ILO and it serves the government as well as Workers’ and employers’ organizations from member countries. The goal of ARLAC is to use labour administration as a tool for development through the promotion and safeguarding of decent employment within member countries. Also, the African Regional Labour Administration Centre Recruitment are one of the aimed goals of the organisation towards creating gainful employment.
The African Regional Labour Administration Centre Recruitment is on to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Director
Location: ARLAC, Harare, Zimbabwe
Date Required: 4th April, 2018
- The Director of ARLAC is responsible to the ARLAC Governing Council, through the Executive Office, for determining and formulating policies and providing the overall direction of the organization within the guidelines set up by the Governing Council.
- This post is the strategic lead on organizational planning, organizational policy, performance management, performance improvement, collaborative and partnership working and communications.
- The Director is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of
- Managerial staff to ensure delivery of the organizational mandate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze operations to evaluate the performance of the organization and its staff in meeting objectives and to determine areas of potential cost reduction, programme improvement or policy change.
- Serve as liaison between the organization, stakeholders, and outside organizations.
- Interpret and explain policies, rules, regulations and laws that have a bearing on the operations of the organization.
- Direct and coordinate activities between the Host Government and the organization as Head of Mission.
- Review and analyses the organizational regulations and policies and recommend changes to promote and support the interests of all stakeholders.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the programme and budget, budgetary control systems, record keeping systems and other control processes.
- Direct human resources activities including the approval of human resource plans and activities, the selection of Assistant Director and Managerial staff,
- Plan, direct and implement policies, objectives, and activities of the organization in order to ensure continuing operations and to increase staff productivity.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, implement, evaluate and report on training courses and training related activities
- Prepare for sessions of the Governing Council and Executive Office, including preparations of agendas, and minutes, and execution of decisions of the
- Governing Council and Executive Office as directed.
- Present audited financial statements and the external auditors’ report to the Governing Council meeting.
A postgraduate qualification, such as a Master’s Degree in a Social Science field, or International Development, Politics and Economics with demonstrated expertise in training and management skills. Possession of a PhD degree is an added advantage
- At least 10 years relevant work experience in labour administration or social and economic development fields with a strong understanding of the linkages between labour and development.
- Experience in training at policy development level in the field of employment
- Distinctive computer competencies. Proven research and analytical skills.
- Knowledge is exceptionally important in a role of this scope.
- In addition to a proven record in analyzing and reforming complex organizational systems, the applicant must be able to inspire, motivate and guide cross-cultural teams, generating trust and confidence at Governing Council level, and representing ARLAC on a global level.
- The applicant must be a true expert with proven technical competence in labour administration and its functional areas such as employment, human resource development, labour relations, and labour inspection in Africa and an excellent understanding of best practices in this field.
- The applicant must have first rate communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- Knowledge of the work of the ILO and other UN Agencies, as well as other international organizations and how they can be linked to ARLAC, is an added advantage.
- The applicant is expected to accept the challenges within ARLAC and be genuinely passionate about making a difference.
Proven competence in the use of English language, both spoken and written, is a prerequisite.
- Maximizing the operational performance of ARLAC by fulfilling its mission, meeting its mandate, satisfying its constituents, and creating public value.
- The Director should be able to build on the strengths of ARLAC while minimizing its weaknesses in an environment of dwindling and unpredictable resources.
Terms of the Contract
- The appointment will be for an initial one year probationary period. On satisfactory completion, the appointment will be extended for two two-year contracts depending on satisfactory completion of each term.
- Separation occurs automatically on the last day of the fifth year of employment as Director of ARLAC.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package commensurate with the seniority and status of this position will be awarded. A gratuity of 10% of basic annual salary is payable on separation.
How to Apply
Candidates for the African Regional Labour Administration Centre Recruitment should send their Applications together with certified copies of their Credentials and comprehensive CV’s to:
The Chairperson of ARLAC,
16 KM Harare/Bulawayo Road (former Salisbury Motel),
P.O. Box 6097,
Tel: (+263-24) 2210193-8 or 2928117, (+263) (0)712 616 835 (mobile)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 16th December, 2017.